Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Her Reply By Sir Walter Raleigh

If all the world and love were young,
And truth in every shepherd's tongue,
These pretty pleasures might me move
To live with thee and be thy Love.
But Time drives flocks from field to fold;
When rivers rage and rocks grow cold;
And Philomel becometh dumb;
The rest complains of cares to come.
The flowers do fade, and wanton fields
To wayward Winter reckoning yields:
A honey toungue, a heart of gall,
Is fancy's spring, but sorrow's fall.
The gowns, thy shoes, thy beds of roses,
Thy cap, thy kirtle, and thy posies,
Soon break, soon wither--soon forgotten,
In folly ripe, in reason rotten.
Thy belt of straw and ivy-buds,
Thy coral clasps and amber studs,--
All these in me no means can move
To come to thee and be thy Love.
But could youth last, and love still breed,
Had joys no date, nor age no need,
Then these delights my mind might move
To live with thee and be thy Love.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Great books to read

  • From The Corner of His Eye By Dean Koontz
  • Bag of Bones By Stephen King
  • Along Came A Spider By James Patterson
  • Desperation By Stephen King
  • Intensity By Dean Koontz
  • Kiss The Girls By James Patterson
  • The Odd Thomas (Series) By Dean Koontz
  • The Green Mile By Stephen King
  • The Bluest Eyes By Toni Morrison
  • Almost Like Being In Love By Christina Dodd
  • The Stephanie Plum Series By Janet Evanovich
  • A Bend In The Road By Nicholas Sparks

Jenna (Daughter) Aaron (Nephew)

Jenna (Daughter) Aaron (Nephew)
His first day in day care (he was 5)

Brandon (Son) Aaron (Nephew)

Brandon (Son) Aaron (Nephew)
At Thanksgiving (acting crazy)

Candice (Daughter) Aaron (Nephew)

Candice (Daughter) Aaron (Nephew)
At Thanksgiving SAY CHEESE!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Bronx, New York, United States
I've been writing poetry for quite a few years. It helps me keep sane. It is a crazy world, things happen all the time and if you don't release the emotions built up inside you, you can go a little insane. I have three children, their names and ages are: Jenna 22, Candice 20, and Brandon 17. I have a cute little Nephew; Aaron who is now 6. I have a friend who loved my poetry and thought others would love to read it too. Needless to say he talked me into publishing it. Now I am having a blast in writing and getting them published.